Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Senior Cultural Resources Specialist to join our team. We are open to a qualified candidate at several of our office locations, including our Minneapolis, Dallas, Kansas City, Phoenix or San Antonio. Westwood is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering and surveying firm that provides services across the country for the development of land and energy projects. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
This position offers the opportunity to perform and direct field studies, desktop review, technical studies, and project permitting to a variety of private renewable energy and land development clients. The successful candidate will be seeking opportunity for growth working on a variety of development projects across the country. We are looking for an individual with enthusiasm about his/her work, and with a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence. This individual will directly oversee and conduct projects in a team environment supporting existing cultural resource staff at times and working independently at other times.The successful candidate will have experience with background research, field surveys, and technical report preparation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- OSA and SHPO file reviews.
- Assessing site risk profiles.
- Drafting proposals and work plans.
- Leading document preparation in a team environment.
- Preparing or supervising the preparation of cultural resource technical reports.
- Coordinating with clients and sub consultants.
- Direct supervision of field staff.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in Archaeology/Anthropology.
- 5-10 years of consulting experience.
- Knowledgeable in North American archaeology.
- Knowledge and experience in the energy market as well as with NEPA, Section 106, and federal, state, and local agencies environmental review processes and requirements.
- Experience with state and federal agency and tribal consultation, and excellent reputation within the professional and regulatory communities.
- Ability to prepare scopes and costs for projects as part of business development efforts.
- Able to manage field technicians to successfully complete fieldwork.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and perform detail-oriented work.
- Demonstrated experience with successful completion of technical reports and research.
- Familiarity with GPS and GIS applications and software.
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, wind and solar energy, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2017, Westwood received Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For and Marketing Excellence awards, ranked on industry top 25 lists, and received recognition for its involvement on award-winning projects nationwide.
Job Location Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States Position Type