It's an exciting time to be part of IFF! We are looking for our next Senior Credit Manager, Americas to work at our Hazlet location.
The Credit & Collection function is responsible for receivables management. Apart from the main activity, the collection of the receivables outstanding, a balance needs to be maintained with the risk the company is taken on customer and countries. The function is a critical counterpart of the Sales and Operations function. Identifying and solving financial supply chain issues will be part of the function. It manages the recovery process with third-party suppliers (e.g. collection agencies, law firms, etc.) as well.
For the North American region and the Latin American region the function handles over $90, $65 million responsible worth of receivables on behalf of multiple IFF supplying affiliates. This specific person will manage together with a Credit Manager the credit & collection process in the NA region. In the near future a new credit/collection analyst will be hired to assist in the credit & collection process for LA.
As the Sr. Credit Manager, you will spend your time...
- The Senior Credit Manager will act as team player with the other Senior Credit Managers on a global basis and will report directly to the Treasury Director, Credit & Working Capital.
- Manage IFF's accounts receivables portfolio and be the escalation point of contact for respective regions (NA & LATAM).
- Manage escalations according to company policy to the business partners and follow through to resolution to achieve common goals.
- Manage the indirect reports (GSC Collectors) who are working on the responsible accounts / regions. Conduct regular performance dialogues with each direct report and develop action plans to ensure effective collection effort. Meet monthly or bi-monthly to discuss the status of seriously past due accounts and develop action plans to ensure a quick resolution.
- Oversee / assist / manage the Credit Analysts responsible for the reviewing new customer credit reviews as well as new order static credit holds. Maintain a strong balance between risk and revenue in the responsible regions. Ensure the global risk and scoring processes are followed.
- Monitor and enforce all operational, customer service, performance standards and company/departmental policies and procedures and business partnership agreements.
- Liaise with outside Collection agencies and financial information providers (D&B & BvD).
- Assist GSC collectors with Customer Services locally to ensure that Customer queries are dealt with on a timely basis.
- Maintain open dispute reports and ensure that they are reviewed and resolved in a timely manner. Have a monthly call with each respective business unit to address open disputes and push for resolution. Also review the regional root-cause issue(s) causing the nonrecurring dispute(s) and addressing / preventing future disputes.
- Work with the other Senior Credit Managers on Creating and enforcing a Global Credit Policy that incorporates SOX Controls, newly developed SOP's as well as unique policies that may vary by region
- Point of contact to enforce payment term adherence as well as review requests for new extended payment term requests.
- Main point of contact to approve outgoing wires, ACH payments as well as check runs for the AP Department.
- Manage Customer Supply Chain Financing, Bankruptcy filings, and other Special Projects as assigned.
- Demonstrated credit & collection experience for several years in an international B2B environment.
- Knowledge and experience with legislation regarding arrears for B2B agreements is an asset. Strong analytical, decision making, and negotiation skills Strong planning and organizational skills Demonstrated interpersonal skills are required specifically, Communication, Collaboration and Conflict Resolution.
- Bachelor-University level / MBA or comparable education level with focus in Finance and/or Economics (preferred)
- Must have at least 4 years of related experience.
Hazlet, New Jersey, United States