Overall management responsibility for the provision of high quality credit underwriting and portfolio maintenance support to a designated group of line units in a timely and cost effective fashion. Play a key role in balancing asset growth with credit quality as part of achieving division and financial objectives. Reports directly to the Market President with a dotted line to the group Senior Credit Manager.
- Oversee the delivery of credit underwriting support to the line units to ensure timely and quality support in addition to compatibility with the Bank's risk appetite and profile.
- Plays a leading role in setting expectations for ongoing credit monitoring and analysis in all segments of the portfolio.
- Ensures that portfolio management is consistent with Bank standards and policies, is conducted on a consistent and thorough basis, and effectively manages and monitors risk of the portfolio.
- Responsible for satisfactory credit reviews on the portfolio.
- Act as a focal point for officers within the Central Valley portfolio for the Commercial Banking Division's Middle Market segments to review new credits for viability.
- Determine, in conjunction with the RVP, the best officer assigned to a credit based on complexity, customer needs, learning opportunity, officer capability and capacity.
- Review credit with assigned officers/RVP and the Senior Loan Administrator to ascertain the Bank's credit appetite, as needed.
- Act as senior credit sponsor on credit recommendations.
- Understand and participate in the development of line unit business and strategic plans.
- Manage department functions in accordance with line unit plans, goals and objectives.
- Responsible for supporting achievement of Commercial Banking Division's financial goals and objectives as influenced by account retention, cross-sell, new business development and credit quality.
- Work on projects related to credit process, credit policy, underwriting guidelines and management reporting as required.
- Normally requires 10+ years of commercial lending experience including credit portfolio management and client calling skills.
- Typically requires a BA, BS or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with syndicated or multi-bank credit facilities.
- Experience working with clients in turnaround situations.
- Effective listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, negotiate and manage middle market credit transactions.
Requisition #: 10021667-WD