The Senior Marketing Strategist is responsible for leading marketing strategy and planning, including directing advertising, sales support strategies and client communications, for the Credit Card line of business (both Consumer and Small Business).
The Senior Marketing Strategist provides consultation to business segment clients to define their marketing needs, develops marketing plans to support the realization of acquisition/revenue goals, and works with the Marketing Shared Services teams to deliver defined initiatives. The senior marketing strategist is instrumental in designing overall marketing strategy in an ever-changing environment. This individual develops and drives marketing strategies that employ the appropriate channels and technologies to provide optimum positive exposure for the brand as well as the maximizing the effectiveness of client and prospect-facing communications and content. The Senior Marketing Strategist ensures that marketing and communications programs are consistent with brand positioning and legal, compliance and regulatory requirements.
Marketing PlanDevelopment and Management
- Create and manage annual marketing plans that align with the needs of the credit card line of business.
- Re-visit plans quarterly to ensure they continue to meet business needs.
- Oversee marketing budget and work with Finance to ensure the budgeting, forecasting, and in-year impacts are being accounted for on a monthly basis.
- Serve as the day-to-day owner of specific high-profile marketing programs.
- Work closely with the Marketing Shared Services (MSS) team to ensure all marketing activity is executed flawlessly.
- Serve as the primary Compliance/Legal contact for credit card marketing.
- Work with Sales & Service team to develop associate readiness programs for upcoming marketing activity.
Business Partner Collaboration
- Work with team members within the line of business to align business needs with Marketing output.
- Interact with senior management by providing both marketing expertise and sound business judgment.
- Be familiar with the competition, including customer experience and marketing messaging.
- Ideate and present innovative opportunities for testing and learning.
Digital Marketing and CRM
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Team to ideate and drive the appropriate digital functionality on unionbank.com.
- “Own” the digital content related to the respective section of unionbank.com.
- Determine how best to onboard and maintain customer relationships.
Education, Years of Experience, and Type of Work Experience
- 8+ years of credit card marketing experience
- MBA or Master’s degreepreferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong, decisive leadership ability
- Analytical prowess and fluency
- Strong presentation skills in the presence of executive management
- Flexibility to adjust in an often-changing business environment
- Organized and process-oriented
- Six Sigmaexperience a plus.
Requisition #: 10019520-WD