Position summary/General Purpose: The Senior Credit Analyst is responsible for underwriting and decisioning lease and loan requests, including providing detailed analysis of customer financial data and industry trends as well as performing other credit investigations including direct customer interviews as necessary. The incumbent will work closely with Stryker sales teams to develop appropriate lease structures, and will provide guidance on legal documentation to complete the transactions. The Senior Credit Analyst will maintain relationships with outside funding sources to insure we are able to quickly and efficiently fund transactions.
Must be able to read and interpret complex financial statements
Must have a basic understanding of GAAP and fund accounting
Must be able to analyze and resolve complex documentation issues of a broad scope using independent judgment to mitigate documentation risk
Must have the ability to excel in a team environment
Must have solid skills to meet and exceed expected turnaround time and other levels of performance
Must be able to make clear definitive decisions
Ability to prioritize work and keep accurate, detailed, and confidential records
Must be able to observe and correct minute inconsistencies (e.g. in the numbers, printed word, report appearance, etc.)
Must be able to work & communicate with all levels of management both internally and externally
•Perform financial analysis and prepare presentations on lease and loan requests.
•Provide guidance and demonstrate leadership when working with less experienced Stryker employees.
•Make credit decisions, in accordance with predefined risk acceptance criteria, up to delegated credit authority levels.
•Serve as a primary interface with Stryker Sales, Regional Managers, customers, and funding sources on day-to-day credit operations.
•Meet and exceed all service-level and business metrics for the areas of responsibility.
•Provide various reports as needed for business performance management.
•Review credit submittals for accuracy and completeness of information.
•Insure accuracy of proposed structures and finance pricing by verifying the proposed structure, finance discounts and transaction pricing s accurate and acceptable to lending partners.
•Perform necessary credit investigation to either render a final credit decision or prepare credit packages for submittal to lending partners.
•Insure proper preparation of documents by reviewing and approving all outgoing documentation packages.
•Assist internal Stryker Flex Financial group obtain final purchase orders from lending partners.
•Manage the flow of the transactions as a central point of contact between Stryker Flex Financial internal and external sales force and lending partners.
•Assure Stryker Corporation funded transactions are within terms of its vendor partner program agreements.
Essential skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related discipline.
- Completion of formal bank or corporate credit training program.
- 5+ years of commercial underwritingexperience within a bank or leasing organization
- Loan or lease structuring experience
- Knowledge of legal terms for all lease and finance type structures
- Proven expertise with software accounting and tracking systems
- The ability to review and approve documentation for lease and finance transactions
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communications skills
- Proven ability to work within a dynamic team environment
- Documentation negotiation skills preferred
- Strong customer service skills are required
- Excellent analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Previous credit authority delegation of $200k is preferred.
- Experience in the Healthcare/Medical Industry is preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Business Administration is preferred.