We are currently looking for a dynamic individual as a Senior Credit Analyst for our Treasury and Credit organization at our Corporate Headquarters located in The Woodlands, Texas.
As a Senior Credit Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting sales in the Americas for our manufacturing and marketing activities of differentiated commodity chemicals. You will be accountable for working an assigned collection portfolio as well as establishing credit limits within authority limits. The role will be responsible for monthly reporting as required by management along with internal and external audit support.
What will be expected from you?
- Manage the collection of accounts in an assigned portfolio to ensure compliance with payment terms and credit limits utilizing ERP System (SAP).
- Perform credit reviews for new / existing standalone customers in accordance with Global Credit Policy.
- Approve credit limits based on credit approval authority as delegated by position and internal risk rating.
- Make recommendations to management above authority limits.
- Financial statement analysis skills and experiencerequired.
- Utilize credit risk models to interpret financialrisk and assign internal risk ratings.
- Monitor and approve sales orders on credit hold.
- Assist other team members in preparing global credit reviews for large multinational customers interacting with global credit team.
- Interact with internal sales and customer service teams as needed.
- Support SOX, Audit and Compliance as required.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Demonstrated success in the above key accountabilities and responsibilities.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Finance/Accounting with 7+ years related experience.
- Knowledge and experience with credit reporting agencies such as S&P, D&B, and Credit Risk Monitor.
- SAPexperience a plus along with SAP’s FSCM collection and credit module.
- Must exhibit high level of initiative and be proactive.
- Motivated to perform own assignment and assist the Credit team where possible.
- Must exhibit a high degree of motivation for financial statement analysis and credit reviews.
- Must have teamwork orientation and operate with a high level of integrity.
- Must have good communication skills with internal and external customers.
- Must demonstrate ability to work with Commercial managers on credit issues.
- Must have experience in performing commercial credit appraisals for seven figure credit limits.
- Must have accounting knowledge and financial analysis skills.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office (Excel) and computer skills.