Senior Credit Analyst
Client, is an agricultural lender with over $30 billion in assets is seeking a Senior Credit Analyst. Primary responsibilities include the analysis of the largest and most complex potential and existing Client portfolioloans, and the analysis of loan actions originated by District Associations that require Client approval, as well as providing leadership and training to less experienced Analysts and leading Department projects.
The analysis process includes qualitative (borrower, industry, transaction metrics, etc.) and quantitative (historical financial statements, projections, sensitivity scenarios, etc.) analyses assessments of transactions.
The Senior Credit Analyst will also provide insight regarding loan structuring and/or alternate control measures and approve transactions under delegated authority.
Regularly, the Senior Credit Analyst will be responsible for presenting analyzed transactions to the Bank’s Committees (Loan Committee, SAM Committee, and the Executive Committee). Provides insight regarding loan structuring and/or alternate control measures.
Additional responsibilities include assisting Relationship Managers and Capital Markets Officers with credit administration of the of the direct notes and bank loanportfolio, including periodic credit reviews. The Senior Credit Analyst represents the Bank at lenders meetings and industry conferences, provides information and addresses questions from potential bank subparticipants and coordinates placement of deals within the Client District.
• Minimum of 4-year college degree with emphasis in finance/business.
• Minimum of 3-5 years previous lending or corporate credit analysis experiencerequired – Farm Credit System experiencepreferred.
• Thorough understanding of GAAP accounting and analysis of corporate credits.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical and quantitative analysis skills, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively work with Capital Market Officers, Relationship Managers, and other Bank Employees in a team environment to achieve Client goals.
• Capable of working independently and with little supervision.
• Proficiency in use of Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.