The key responsibility of the Senior Credit Analyst is ensuring that key customer credit risk is properly evaluated and monitored. The Senior Credit Analyst uses trade and financial information along with analytical models to assign credit limits and level of risk used to manage specific customer accounts, portfolios and/or categories. The Senior Credit Analyst is also a key resource to aid our sales account teams and leaders in assessing and identifying trends, risks, and mitigation potential.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Utilize and interpret credit reports, financial statements, public financial information, etc. to determine appropriate credit limits for new and existing key customers in assigned portfolio. Monitor industry and payment trends, news releases, trade information. Prepare executive review with limit recommendation.
- Monitor risk and make recommendations regarding risk reduction strategies. Partner with internal Clients (Sales, AR, Finance) to keep them appraised of risk and/or changing trends for key Customers.
- Develop, maintain, and use reporting tools and analytical models, templates, strategic and operational measures and software programs/systems in order to perform analysis
- Evaluate, make recommendations and communicate results of analysis
- Serve as a consultant and subject matter expert for internal clients on risk and impact of business/sales strategies. Key resource for AR Managers, MSP and Collectors with strategies to manage high risk accounts
- $1B total AR area of responsibility/impact. Accuracy of data and decision making skills are critical
- Lead in training and overseeing MSP in management of assigned credit activities/reporting
- SAP SME for Contour functionality. Work with Contour team and SAP consultants to identify requirements and functionality needed for S4 HANA implementation. Lead UAT testing and preparation of SOPs and training documents.
- Coordinate bankruptcy activities, support for preference claims, Agency claim risk analysis etc. for large bankruptcies. Conduct docket research for ongoing bankruptcy cases to provide internal updates on case status, status of TCCC’s agreement, location’s closed, etc. File Proof of Claim where exposure is material (consolidating open AR and contractual exposures). Participate as non-voting member on key account Unsecured Creditor Committees.
- Identify and implement automation as needed (credit hold logic and decisioning for each portfolio, forecasting of credit limits based on purchasing trends, etc.)
- Review and modify credit scoring models to adjust to business and economic needs
- D&B system enhancements, maintenance and administrative support.
- Key contact for coordination with external credit reporting agencies
- Review/troubleshoot issues with industry trade tape. Coordinate responses for benchmarking surveys for industry credit group.
- Special projects as needed or as specific to portfolio supported.
Qualification & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline. MBA a plus.
- 5 years industry (foodservice or distribution preferred) with credit analysis exposure and/or experience
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, primarily with Excel, Access, Power BI
- Strong technical aptitude, excellent communication skills, and attention to detail required.
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated, organized. Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work involves confidential and/or sensitive information. Discretion is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and analytical skills