We are looking for a Senior CPU Design Engineer!NVIDIA is seeking best-in-class CPU Design Engineers to design and implement the world's leading CPU's and SoC's. This position offers you the opportunity to have real impact in a dynamic, technology-focused company impacting product lines ranging from consumer graphics to self-driving cars and the growing field of artificial intelligence. NVIDIA is a "learning machine" that constantly evolves by adapting to new opportunities that are hard to pursue, that only we can take on, and that matter to the world. We have crafted a team of excellent people stretching around the globe, whose mission is to push the frontiers of what is possible today and define the platform for the future of computing.
The NVIDIA CPU team is looking for inquisitive, motivated engineers with experience to build ground-breaking CPUs. As a senior member of our design team, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of high-performance, low power CPU sub-system modules. You will work closely with architects, design engineers, verification engineers, and physical design engineers teams to accomplish your tasks.What you will be doing:
What we need to see:
- Drive the micro-architecture development, feasibility studies and documentation and of CPU sub-systems.
- Implement in RTL and coordinate execution with the verification team to ensure that the design is functional.
- Exercise logic design skills to optimize and meet performance, timing and power targets.
- Deliver a synthesis/timing clean design while working with the physical design team ensuring a routable and physically implementable design.
- Support hardware engineering activities including chip floor plan, power/clock distribution, chip assembly, timing closure, power and noise analysis, and back-end verification.
- Develop flows and tools as necessary in support of design activities.
- BS or MS in electrical engineering or computer engineering (or equivalent experience).
- 6+ years of proven experience in micro-architecture and RTL development of complex, high speed designs, ideally in CPU subsystems.
- Exposure to Computer Architecture and Digital Systems design.
- Highly proficient in logic design, Verilog and/or System-Verilog, with a deep understanding of physical design and VLSI.
- Strengths in scripting languages such as Perl, Python.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
With competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world's most desirable employers. We employ some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world. Are you passionate about becoming a part of an outstanding team supporting the latest in CPU technology? If so, we want to hear from you.
The base salary range is $156,000 - $287,500. Your base salary will be determined based on your location, experience, and the pay of employees in similar positions.
You will also be eligible for equity and benefits.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.