What you'll do
Wyndham Destinations is seeking a Senior Counsel, Development in Orlando, Florida. This position will negotiate and drive complex real estate transactions for development and acquisition team. Review, draft, and/or revise development agreements and documents. Assist with regime and consumer sales documents related to new condominium and timeshare projects. Assist with development and acquisition due diligence, including reviewing condominium and timeshare regime documents to assess compatibility with Wyndham timeshare products. Miscellaneous legal work including general real estate contract review and drafting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support to VP and clients regarding all facets of real estate matters, including acquisition/disposition, development, construction, financing and disposition, including all due diligence matters related thereto.
- Review, draft and negotiate related development agreements and documents such as letters of intent, sales and marketing agreements, purchase and sale agreements, construction contracts, real estate leases, financing and loan servicing agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, and trademark licenses and related branding agreements, as well as related ancillary agreements.
- Review regime and sales documents as part of acquisition due diligence to assess compatibility with WVO timeshare products, and advise VP and business leaders accordingly.
- Review, draft, and/or revise condominium and timeshare regime documents, including declarations, bylaws, articles of incorporation, and rules and regulations.
- Research and answer regime and sales document questions raised by business leaders regarding new and existing projects.
- Work closely with internal teams through process of development and sales, including legal, regimes, acquisitions, registration, resort operations, consumer finance, and title services teams.
- Assist with all company-wide real estate and development related matters, including corporate facilities leasing, condemnation, and entitlement issues.
- Provide legal guidance and transactional support to the WVO legal team for special projects, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend project meetings and report on status.
- Engage and monitor outside counsel as appropriate to assist with development and regime work.
- Enlist assistance of, and supervise work quality of, development paralegal.
- Assist others within the OGC to the extent time is available.
- Assist in coordination with the onboarding of new resort sites within legal, sales & marketing, resort operations, IT, risk management, accounting, and Wyndham Destinations business teams.
- Juris Doctorate degree from accredited law school
- Admitted to Bar Association in at least one state (need not be Florida)
Knowledge and skills
- Real estate knowledge essential
- Condominium and timeshare knowledge highly desirable
- Leasing and Land Use law experience preferred
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment, yet work independently and autonomously with limited supervision
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, including senior executive staff
- Proficient with MS Word, Outlook and Excel; Strong West Law and Internet research skills
- Four to Ten years experience as a real estate transactional attorney, preferably with experience in real estate acquisition, land use, development and construction, as well as, reviewing and drafting condominium and timeshare structure documents.