The Senior Counsel is responsible for working directly with business executives and senior management teams to execute corporate and business strategies. Areas of responsibility include Software Development, Information Technology, Global Products, and Global Operations organizations.
The Senior Counsel reports directly to the Senior Director, Managing Counsel, Global Functions of the Company. The Senior Counsel will collaborate across boundaries and geographies and work with colleagues across the business and the Global Legal Department.
- Provide legal, strategic and business advice to key global business leaders on a wide range of corporate and technology transactions and initiatives
- Key participant in global initiatives & business strategy planning process as a member of core cross-functional and cross-territorial teams
- Partner with business executives and senior leadership on evaluating, improving and transforming legal and business practices to remain current with innovations and advancements
- Create and deliver training on key legal issues and risks associated with strategic direction and execution
- A high quality general corporate counsel lawyer with relevant post-qualification experience (10+ years) with broad corporate and transactional skills combined with in-house experience successfully applying these skills in connection with software, cloud, cyber-security, data and analytics, and technology transactions
- Experience with a wide range of business and legal issues impacting global corporations, including corporate and intellectual property agreements (technology development, acquisition, and disposition arrangements, in-bound technology licensing and service arrangements, technology collaborations, joint ventures, and co-distribution arrangements, and significant customer and partner agreements); intellectual property and data law; litigation; and corporate policies and processes.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders while influencing and driving change across the organization, including the executive level
- A strategic thinker who sees the big picture but doesn't mind rolling up their sleeves to dig into the details
- Proven ability to establish a high degree of credibility, respect and trust at all levels
- Ability to work collaboratively with and manage external counsel and undertake and manage a variety of legal matters
- Operates with integrity, transparency and humility
- Acts as a true company owner to advance the overall interests of Waters
- Carries a broad global perspective of markets, technology, and trends
- Balances clear strategic thinking and accountability in execution to deliver results
- Actively creates the conditions for Waters' people and teams to succeed