We are looking for a talented attorney who is passionate about closing sophisticated commercial contracts to drive a fast-growing software-as-a-service (SaaS) business. This role requires a high degree of creativity, analytical skills, negotiating acumen and drafting proficiency, along with a bias for forging positive relationships with customers, partners and other commercial counterparts. In this role, you will operate as a part of a team of experienced lawyers who work closely with our business team to provide practical and productive legal advice and have fun while doing it.
About the Role
- Draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including customer subscription agreements, professional services arrangements, strategic partner agreements, procurement contracts, confidentiality agreements and other contracts relating to the operations of a consumer product business.
- Assist the Legal team’s efforts in the preparation, implementation and optimization of forms, processes and procedures.
- Advise the business teams on creative solutions to complex problems.
- Build close relationships with company personnel at supported business units, with a willingness to travel as necessary to close important agreements.
- Obtain and maintain a strong knowledge of the company’s leading SaaS products.
- Recognize that contracts are often the start of long and prosperous customer and partner relationships, so be sure to establish tight interpersonal bonds with representatives of the “other side” while structuring win/win agreements.
- J.D. with exceptional academic credentials and at least 7 years of relevant
experience, including at a leading law firm or a corporate counsel at a
leading technology company.
- Must be admitted, active and in good standing with the applicable state bar.
- Be passionate about technology and energized by the challenges of serving a dynamic, fast-growth company.
- Be extremely bright but also have a high EQ.
- Have excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Be detail-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful with strong follow-through skills.
- Be highly analytical and have exceptional business and legal issue identification and problem-solving skills.
- Have a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving and be able
to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear,
concise and commercial advice, and creative solutions where necessary,
on established timelines to meet their business needs.
- Be a strong and astute negotiator with impeccable judgment.
- Be able to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a
positive, “can do” attitude to the workplace and works collaboratively
with other members of the Legal team and with internal clients.
- Be able to simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands and
shifting priorities within a rapidly evolving environment.
- Have a strong desire to learn the business and new areas of law and to function integrally as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Be a confident self-starter with a passion for results.