UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier Corporation, the world leader in high-technology heating and air conditioning solutions, makes a real difference in people's lives around the world by bringing energy-efficient, quiet, consistent comfort to millions of people. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls and Security, a unit of United Technologies Corporation (NYSE: UTX), a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking to develop your legal career, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a motivated, customer-focused, legal expert to provide counsel and risk management advice in a dynamic organization.
Carrier seeks to hire an experienced attorney who will support the Residential HVAC Business Unit within UTC Climate, Controls & Security. This Business Unit sells its products throughout Canada, the United States and other areas of the world. The attorney will be based in Indianapolis, IN and will provide hands-on counsel to the management team on a broad range of issues to ensure that its legal risks are being anticipated and responded to effectively.
The position’s major job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide legal advice on a wide range of issues, including antitrust, channel management, licensing, digital technologies, strategies, disputes and joint ventures
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies
- Review, draft and negotiate contracts with channel partners, end customers, suppliers and service providers
- Create and implement risk management controls
- Counsel functional peers, including active participation in product development projects
- Provide legal and compliance training
- Review marketing materials, including advertisements, product materials and presentations
- Manage special projects and other duties as assigned
- Moderate travelrequired
- 10+ years of experiencepreferred; prior in-house experience a plus
- Strong writing and communication/intrapersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks, including proactive projects in addition to the day-to-day required tasks
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to embrace technology
- Must have a business-oriented, pragmatic approach to challenges that arise in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to ethics
- Fluency in English required
Education: The position requires a JD degree from an accredited institution and an active license to practice law in any state in the United States.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 68141BR