Amyris is seeking a senior attorney, experienced in M&A and commercial transactions. This senior attorney will work closely with other members of the Amyris Legal Team, manage outside counsel, and coordinate with transverse partners across the Company. This position reports to the General Counsel.
The candidate must have significant experience drafting and negotiating complex technology transactions. He/she must be able to function as the lead lawyer on transactions such as collaboration arrangements, strategic partnerships and joint ventures, and manufacturing and supply agreements. Most of the transactions will have significant intellectual property components, making proficiency in licensing and related IP concepts a must. The attorney will also be responsible for providing legal support through the implementation/integration phase of various collaborations. In addition, he/she will independently assist if needed in the processing of the Company’s non-disclosure/confidentiality agreements, material transfer agreements, license agreements and research agreements. The ideal candidate will be comfortable doing a significant amount of original drafting; will be interested in learning about complex technology and the market standards applicable to the Company’s products across a variety of jurisdictions; and will be willing to manage multiple transactions simultaneously. Like all members of the Amyris Legal Team, he/she will be pitch in wherever necessary to assist the Company in reaching its ambitious goals.
* J.D. from a top-tier U.S. law school
* 10+ years of law firm and in-house experience
* In-house experience at tech company, preferred; experience in bioscience/biotech, strongly preferred
* Keen business acumen and ability to partner with business clients
* Experience with intellectual property transactions
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate concisely
* Extremely strong interpersonal skills including maturity, creativity and a high energy level
* Team-oriented, with ability to interact effectively with peers and all levels of management
* Ability to work both independently and to positively influence the direction of a small team
* Licensed to practice law in California or registered as in-house counsel
* Ability to travel occasionally