We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
An experienced attorney responsible for advising the company concerning complex legal issues related to business activities with a focus on commericial transactions related to oil field services, and software, technology and cloud services.
- Acts as a company advocate and advisor with respect to legal matters in one or more substantive areas of law, including but not limited to: commercial law, software licensing and technology.
- Interprets the intent of laws and judicial decisions and applies them to specific circumstances as applicable to company business.
- Communicates with vendors, customers and internal clients of the company and manages outside counsel with assistance from supervising attorney.
- Assists with the development of personnel and integration of company processes.
- Must adhere to a strict code of ethics.
- 5 years of experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and competency.
- J.D. from accredited law school.
- State Bar Member in good standing.
- 7-10 years of experience with oil field services, and software licensing, technology and cloud services.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with experience interfacing with multiple internal stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Aptitude for detail and high degree of organization.
- Ability to prioritize and meet numerous deadlines.
- Ability to analyze complex issues and advise internal business partners appropriately.
- Experience with software licensing and contracts.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for a higher level role given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Counsel through Senior Counsel.
Requisition Number: 51492