Role Value Proposition:
We are seeking a seasoned, accomplished and motivated attorney to join the company’s legal department. Reporting to Versant Health’s General Counsel, the attorney will provide strategic advice on how Versant Health, a national managed vision care company, may meet its business needs while complying with applicable Medicare Advantage, Medicaid Managed Care, and state health insurance laws.
- Primary legal counsel to the Chief Compliance Officer and the Compliance Department on the legal requirements under Medicare Advantage and Medicaid Managed Care programs as well as state insurance laws and regulations.
- Provide legal advice on the company’s licensure requirements, including HMO, PPO, TPA, and UR.
- Provide legal advice to Versant Health’s Privacy Officer and others on compliance with privacy and data security laws, including HIPAA.
- Research and analyze managed care and state insurance laws.
- Coordinate with the business, government relations, communications, and other cross-functional teams on multi-disciplinary issues.
- Mentor and supervise junior attorneys.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Law degree (J.D. or equivalent) and bar admission required with a minimum of ten years of relevant legal experience, with at least 4 years of experience practicing health law
- Experience advising managed care companies that participate in Medicare Advantage and Medicaid Managed Care programs.
- Strong research skills and ability to translate complex legal issues into practical and actionable advice and recommendations.
- Ability to handle complex legal matters with minimal oversight while escalating significant issues in a timely fashion.
- Sound judgment, high degree of professional, and a sense of urgency and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and persuasively with a variety of internal stakeholders (corporate business partners, team members, functional colleagues, etc.), works collaboratively and builds effective partnerships.
- Proactive and solution oriented.
- In-house experience
- Prior experience advising managed care companies.
- Interest in continuous quality improvement in the delivery of legal services.