Not Specified years
Posted 302 days ago
Mastercard’s Privacy & Data Protection team is a global, best in class team responsible for Mastercard’s compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws as well as development and commercialization of data driven products in compliance with those laws. The team demonstrates its thought leadership for the protection of data with regulators, legislators, and employees and also advocates for strong external and internal standards for protecting that data.
The Senior Counsel will be a member of a team of privacy and data protection professionals to ensure privacy and data protection compliance while enabling data driven innovation within the Mastercard Advisors organization. The position will report to the Senior Managing Counsel, Privacy & Data Protection, and will be a member of the Privacy & Information Governance team.
The Senior Counsel will be responsible for:
• enabling the development of scalable information-based products and solutions, including complex algorithmic products and models, for Advisors business verticals while ensuring compliance with corporate standards and global privacy and data protection laws;
• ensuring new products and services comply with laws including GLBA, FCRA, and ECOA, and coordinating with regional counsel to ensure compliance with other laws including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);
• partnering with business verticals and commercial legal teams on product development from the earliest stages using privacy by design methodologies;
• providing guidance for the development of data analytics products based on global standards for anonymization and pseudonymization;
• developing requirements for complex technical infrastructure necessary to support privacy-compliant data analytics and analytical environments, including anonymized environments;
• identifying business requirements resulting from new and evolving privacy laws and regulations;
• educating the business on legal developments and controls for the development of data analytics products; and
• providing guidance and thought leadership on topics including the use of emerging technologies in a privacy-compliant manner.
All About You
Bachelor's degree required – STEM degree a plus
Juris Doctor required
Privacy and data protection experience required
Legal experience in data analytics or big data
• Expertise in global privacy and data regulatory laws and frameworks;
• Demonstrated experience and technical familiarity with data analytics, computer science, and/or mathematics;
• Demonstrated experience in pseudonymization, anonymization, and de-identification methodologies, including infrastructure requirements;
• Knowledge of North American credit laws;
• Familiarity with the financial services industry;
• Familiarity with emerging technologies and associated privacy implications;
• Strong analytic capabilities and written and oral communication skills;
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering with legal, business, and technical colleagues; and
• Ability to motivate and influence highly-skilled professionals to achieve major organizational goals.