Provide counsel and guidance on legal implications of all operational business matters to members of operational (including marketing, engineering, supply chain and othersupport departments) and senior management. Manage and organize corporate activities to protect the company’s legal interests and to facilitate the achievement of company goals and objectives. Provide legalsupport for marketing andcontracts, operational fieldsupport matters andsupport departments and some transactional work, including but not limited to shipyard and engineering matters, drillingcontracts, dispute resolution, maritimetransportationcontracts, procurement, customs issues, IP, field training/compliance, real estate andtrade control matters. Participate in the development of Noble policies, procedures, programs and business strategies and ensure each is applied in full recognition of all legal implications andrisks. Conduct legal research, prepare and review legal documents and represent the organizationbeforecourts and government and regulatory authorities.
- Law degree from an accredited law school.
- License to practice law in relevant jurisdiction; member in good standing of relevant bar association.
- 6+ years of professional legal experience in oilfield services, maritime, drilling or transactions and experience dealing with international operations.
- Experience in operations and with law firm experience.
- Experience in professional legal organizations and/or trade associations.
- Demonstrated ability to distinguish relevant facts, assimilate and analyze facts, and apply legal conclusions.
- Good communication and analytical skills, good legal research skills, teamwork skills, good problem solving skills, and good legal writing skills.
- Demonstrated strong management skills and ability to plan and organize.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Draft, review and interpret documents; analyze issues relating to contract drilling, operational and regulatory activities and in connection with transactional work.
- Oversee operational field support matters including but not limited to shipyard and engineering matters, drilling contracts, maritime transportationcontracts, procurement, dispute resolution, customs issues, IP, field training/compliance, real estate and trade control matters.
- Provide counsel and guidance on legal implications of operational matters to senior management and other company personnel.
- Participate in the development of Noble policies, procedures, programs and business strategies and ensure each is applied in full recognition of all legal implications and risks.
- Reconcile and recommend Noble’s legal position in substantial legal matters. Prepare, negotiate, review, evaluate and/or comment on contracts and obligations of the company, and advise appropriate personnel of the degree of legal riskassociated with such contracts and obligations prior to becoming a party or otherwise becoming legally bound.
- Participate in the achievement of company goals and objectives by advising members of executive management and other company personnel on legal alternatives for business decisions and by providing sound and timely legal services to meet the needs of corporate and operating management.
- Provide legal consulting on issues related to general operational matters, marketing matters, policy development, training and health, safety and environmental matters.
- Conduct legal research, prepare and review legal documents and represent the organization before courts and governmental and regulatory authorities.
- Review and coordinate use of outside law firm attorneys by the company.
- Monitor the company’s database of pending and threatened litigation; monitor and manage expenditures and settlement amounts vis-à-vis established loss reserves.
- Manage assigned or delegated special projects and tasks to completion in an efficient, economical manner in order to contribute to the achievement of company goals and objectives.
- Review corporate practices including but not limited to operations, marketing, bidding, etc. to ensure conformance to standards set forth in the applicable laws.
- Review and interpret state and federal regulations and court rulings; liaise with international local counsel in jurisdictions outside the United States.
- Perform duties as assigned by the SVP and General Counsel.