New York City, NY
Not Specified years
Posted 238 days ago
• Mastercard is seeking an experienced attorney to be responsible for providing comprehensive, end-to-end, strategic support to the U.S. Markets Team.
• The U.S. Markets team builds relationships within the merchant community to expand acceptance and drive revenue and supports our co-brand, commercial and public sector customers as well as our acquirers and processors.
• The Senior Counsel will be an integral member of the highly skilled North American Region legal team, supporting the largest region at Mastercard.
• Acts as a day-to-day advisor for our sales clients by partnering with the business and legal specialists to deliver on strategy, including expanding Mastercard acceptance and securing Mastercard share with merchants, acquirers, prepaid program managers, issuers and digital partners.
• Collaborates with internal subject matter experts to better understand and be able to advise holistically on our products and relevant regulatory, compliance, privacy and antitrust issues.
• Works cross-functionally across merchant, issuer, digital and services business lines to provide holistic support to the region.
• Autonomously structures, drafts, reviews and negotiates complex customer agreements, including identifying legal and business risks and recommending solutions
• Engages on strategic relationships and partnership agreements with our digital partners.
• Trains and educates clients on processes, risks, changes in laws and regulations and the U.S. regulatory landscape on an ongoing basis.
• Partners with North American Markets compliance lead to ensure products and services comply with corporate policies, such as gifts and hospitality, anti-bribery and anti-corruption and third party on-boarding.
• Identifies needed process improvements and efficiencies; owns and executes solutions to support our transformation strategy and drives towards streamlining processes to increase ease of doing business
All About You:
Experience and Skills
• Able to work independently and collaboratively, spot issues, prioritize and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced sales environment.
• Keen business insight and strong communication skills to interact confidently and effectively with internal clients, Mastercard customers and LFI colleagues, including senior management and Mastercard executives
• Complex transactional legal experience at a reputable law firm or as an in-house counsel
• Strong drafting and negotiating skills with the ability to understand and simplify complex concepts, issues and deal structures
• A team player, willing to take on responsibilities and roles that support the team, department, region and the company
•JDfrom an accredited law school; admitted to and in good standing with the NY bar