$100K — $150K *
Are you someone who loves structuring and closing deals? Do you want your work to be meaningful and make an impact in the housing industry? We are looking for an analytical and detail-oriented attorney to lead the drafting and negotiation of transaction and disclosure documents in sophisticated mortgage-related securities transactions. Apply now and learn why there’s #MoreAtFreddieMac!
· The Mortgage Securities Department provides legal counsel and execution support for mortgage-related securitization programs and other securities-related transactions.
· This includes Single-Family and Multifamily securities and support of related company and Federal Housing Finance Agency initiatives such as LIBOR transition, development of new products utilizing the SOFR index, the Single Security and the Common Securitization Platform.
· Collaborate with and enhance the performance of the business units by providing timely, market driven securities law, securitization and capital markets legal advice related to management's development, modification and execution of securitization programs and company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
· Coordinate with peers, manage teams of outside counsel and interact on behalf of the company with regulators and professional organizations.
· Execute complicated securitization transactions in partnership with various business units.
· Juris Doctor (JD) degree; membership in good standing in a state Bar and a minimum of three years of legal experience; Typically has 3-7 years of related work experience.
· Experience in securitization and capital markets transactions with a law firm or corporate law department.
· Knowledge of federal securities laws and securities market practices.
· Drafting and negotiation of transaction/disclosure documents in sophisticated residential and/or commercial mortgage-related securities transactions.
· Analysis of legal and policy issues affecting the securities and securitization markets; and the creative, collaborative representation of business clients.
· Ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to relationships.
· Possess and develop specific subject expertise with which to advise businesses management, as well as to interact with relevant third parties as the company's advocate.
· Intellectual acumen to assume a primary role in the drafting and negotiation of transaction and disclosure documents in sophisticated mortgage-related securities transactions; the analysis of legal and policy issues affecting the securities and securitization markets; and the creative, collaborative representation of business clients.
· Very strong attention to detail, ability to manage process, and follow through on tasks, with significant organizational, project and program management skills.
· Excellent communication skills, including comfort interacting with internal management and external stakeholders.
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Valid through: 1/28/2021