Description & Requirements
Xerox (NYSE: XRX) makes every day work better. We are a workplace technology company, building and integrating software and hardware for enterprises large and small. As customers seek to manage information across digital and physical platforms, Xerox delivers a seamless, secure and sustainable experience. Whether inventing the copier, the ethernet, the laser printer or more, Xerox has long defined the modern work experience. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Executes the Company’s efforts on strategic corporate transactions, including all related M&A activity, and develop deal strategy and lead certain workstreams in connection therewith.
- Executes the Company’s efforts on strategically deploying the Company’s recently launched $250M corporate venture capital fund, including all related venture capital activity from initially structuring such investments to managing the portfolio of investments expanding over time.
- Develop deal strategy and lead the Company’s efforts, and manage outside counsel, with respect to drafting, reviewing and negotiating M&A and ventures related transaction documents.
- Develop deal strategy, provide legal advice and lead the Company’s efforts, and manage outside counsel, with respect to M&A and ventures due diligence.
- Manage legal due diligence, including scope and execute diligence plan, lead company management calls and engage teams of associates, specialists and outside counsel.
- Represent Xerox in domestic and cross-border tender offers, joint ventures, and other corporate transactions.
- Assist in tracking covenant compliance and regulatory filing compliance.
- Assist in supporting the Corporate Secretary function, including with respect to securities law filings, corporate governance and Board and Committee meetings, in each case, related to M&A Ventures and financing activities.
- BA/BS and JD with excellent law school credentials.
- Licensed to practice law in New York or Connecticut or be eligible for licensure as a registered in-house counsel in CT.
- 5-7 years of experience doing M&A and/or venture capital transactional work at a nationally-recognized law firm and/or in-house.
- At least 5 years law-firm training at nationally-recognized law firm.
- History of strategic partnering, self-motivation, working independently on projects, meeting aggressive deadlines and juggling multiple matters.
- Excellent professional ethics, integrity and judgment.
- Willingness and eagerness to roll up your sleeves and be part of a historic transformation.
- Extensive venture capital transactional work is a plus.
- Experience working with or for technology and/or healthcare companies also a plus.