Hydrow connects members with an entire community of fellow rowers who experience the rivers and waterways of the world together in synchrony. You, too, can be part of that community. At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? That’s because it is!
Hydrow is a distributed company enabling our employees to find a work mode that is best for them! Prefer an office to work from home or remote instead? Not a problem, we are committed to supporting our employee's flexible working environments.
We are looking for a mission-driven, collaborative, and highly motivated Senior Counsel to join the Hydrow legal team. The right person for this role must be a team player who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and is able to balance legal risk with business objectives.
Reporting to the General Counsel, you will be an integral part of the team. We are looking for a true legal generalist, strong in corporate transactions, able to manage all legal matters for the company and advise on a variety of legal topics with authority in conjunction with outside counsel.
You will have a large scope of responsibilities, working with and advising internal clients including sales, advertising, marketing, product development, HR, IT, accounting, as well as any other business units that have contracts or require legal advice. The successful candidate will be engaged and a resourceful self-starter, comfortable working in a dynamic environment and excellent at building relationships across all departments.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide legal advice to internal stakeholders across many facets of the business and assisting in making high-level business decisions
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts and third-party agreements with vendors, partners, and customers and provide related risk-mitigation strategies during adoption and execution.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally and cross-functionally with other departments to ensure agreements and messaging are legally compliant and consistent with internal processes and policies.
- Identify and manage risk and provide practical, results-oriented legal advice that helps Hydrow achieve its business objectives
- Keep up to date on the latest developments in laws, regulation and industry trends applicable to fitness tech, digital media and technology, including federal and state data privacy laws, consumer protection laws, and other guidance from relevant agencies
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE:
- J.D., with strong academic credentials and membership in U.S. State bar (CA, NY, and MA preferred)
- 7+ years of experience as corporate counsel, including in-house and law firm experience.
- Experience with technology companies in high growth mode a plus
- Consumer product company or consumer electronics/consumer tech company experience as a corporate counsel is highly preferred; deep understanding of the consumer product regulatory environment, consumer marketing claims and consumer technology intellectual property law will be valuable.
- A track record in providing pragmatic, business-minded legal counsel cross-functionally to various stakeholder types.
- Excellent negotiating skills, strong analytical abilities, a pragmatic approach to problem solving, as well as a track record of success in handling complex business and legal issues in a fast-paced, agile and evolving technology-driven business environment
- Proven ability to quickly understand complex products and services, while identifying key issues and risks and offering creative solutions for business enablement
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace
- Confident in making a well-informed decision quickly, while remaining flexible and continuing to mitigate risk.
- Familiarity with EU and/or UK business a plus