Not Specified years
Posted 212 days ago
Mastercard is seeking an experienced attorney to provide comprehensive legal support to the Enterprise Partnerships (EP) team, a global team tasked with commercializing new areas for Mastercard's technology and network, by using Mastercard's core competencies in new, different and strategic ways. The Senior Counsel will serve as an integrated partner with the business team to drive corporate and team strategy, advise the development of new business models, and evolve global partnerships with both traditional and new customers.
• Serve as a day to day tactical and strategic advisor for EP clients as this fast-paced, innovative team explores opportunities in key verticals, including, business to business payments and global trade, travel & entertainment, and Smart Cities/urban mobility.
• Provide end to end responsive, creative, and commercially-minded advice and solutions.
• Research and analyze new market opportunities and identified business development targets; assist in coordination of diligence efforts, where applicable, and summarize key findings.
• Structure, draft and negotiate various complex legal agreements (including framework agreements, technology agreements, and customer and vendor agreements) to embark on new collaborations with leading technology companies, innovative startups, e-commerce merchants, cities and government agencies, and/or global financial institutions.
• Coordinate with internal subject matter experts and outside legal experts as needed, to ensure comprehensive and cohesive approach to relevant intellectual property, regulatory, compliance, privacy and local law considerations.
• Monitor and evaluate relevant industry trends in technology and payments, including applicable laws and government regulations affecting the operation and activities of digital payments and block chain, cloud services, AML/compliance, data protection/privacy, intellectual property, etc.
• Assist in creation of and maintenance of training materials to advance business objectives and process improvement materials, including agreement pipeline, M&A screening, agreement requests.
ALL ABOUT YOU
• Law degree from an established and reputable law school; licensed to practice in one or more states, including New York.
• Significant relevant experience in complex transactional matters, including strong background in M&A, intellectual property, data protection and/or other technology related legal matters in a reputable law firm and/or as in-house lawyer, preferably in the technology sectors.
• Strong entrepreneurial spirit and approach, able to embrace calculated risk and solve for ambiguity.
• Must have a strategic mindset and be able to effectively discuss with and advise senior management regarding complex legal matters and challenging situations.
• Must be thorough and detail-oriented, able to prioritize, and juggle multiple projects and demands.
• Is a team player who is both organizationally savvy and a strong communicator able to collaborate cross-functionally and across regions.