About the Role:
The Senior Counsel will be joining a growing legal department and will provide complex commercial legal support to the General Counsel, Commercial. In this role, you will be responsible for providing coverage on commercial contracting, corporate compliance, employment, intellectual property, litigation, real estate, and other general corporate matters. The ideal candidate for this role is proactive and resourceful, and knows how to collaborate with a variety of team members while also being an efficient individual contributor.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of contracts from the routine to the complex for Dorilton’s portfolio companies, including service, procurement, vendor, license, confidentiality, and employment agreements.
- Proactively anticipate, identify, and escalate issues, developing and evaluating alternatives, providing advice and implementing solutions in regard to transactions.
- Evaluate existing processes and implement new processes, as needed, in order to create efficient and streamlined operations surrounding contract review.
- Foster strong relationships across the organization and serve as a liaison between cross functional teams on special projects.
- Partner closely with portfolio companies on projects to support their ability to rapidly scale, especially on topics of commercialization and business strategy.
- Prepare forms of contracts, terms and conditions, and other legal documentation.
- Work on special projects to support business development and compliance functions.
- Conduct legal research as needed.
- Supervise outside counsel as needed.
- JD, Admitted to a State Bar (NY Preferred) with an excellent academic track record.
- At least 4-6 years of law firm or in-house experience, with a solid background of representing companies in a full range of corporate transactions.
- Demonstrated bias for action and capable of thriving in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- A self-starter, with a strong sense of responsibility, accountability, and capable of driving results.
- Excellent detail-orientation skills, with solid proofreading, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and well-organized with the ability to set and successfully manage competing priorities, while delivering quality work.
- Practical and pragmatic demeanor, with a strong ability to make sound risk judgments.
- Strong collaborator, capable of working with colleagues to find an appropriate solution to enable work to move forward.
- Pleasant, diplomatic disposition, a good sense of humor, ability to adapt, and collaborative working style.
- Willing to roll up sleeves and do the hard work
- “Work smarter, not harder” mentality; ability to utilize technology and tools to be more efficient and reduce busy work.