Berkshire Hathaway Energy Company has recently acquired the natural gas transmission and storage businesses of Dominion Energy. This new Berkshire Hathaway Energy Company platform, BHE GT&S, LLC, is seeking an experienced energy transactional attorney to provide legal support for a variety of energy related matters including support for its LNG business unit and its natural gas producer services group. This position will be located in Richmond, Virginia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The senior counsel provides legal advice to the BHE GT&S companies.
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates legal documents such as contracts, service agreements and other types of documents with legal implications.
- Counsels and advises clients on legal matters, and participates in the preparation of strategies to support the respective companies’ business plan.
- Provides clients with legal and risk analyses, and recommended course of action.
- Responsibilities will include the review, preparation and negotiation of energy commodity purchase and sale agreements, transportation agreements and related ancillary agreements.
- Additional duties will be providing counsel in regard to risk management/credit matters including the review, preparation and negotiation of guaranty agreements and letters of credit.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
This position will be filled at the Senior Counsel level which is typically demonstrated by 7 or more years of related experience. In addition, the preferred candidate should process the following:
- Good analyst, advocate, and presenter of legal points
- Require little supervision
- Independent judgment, and initiative, and ability to work directly with clients
Preferred Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Direct experience in the LNG and natural gas industries is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have an extensive background and experience in energy marketing and trading contracts including NAESB and ISDA form agreements, natural gas transportation agreements, and LNG purchase and sale agreements.
- The preferred candidate would also have experience providing counsel in regard to risk management/credit matters including the review, preparation and negotiation of guaranty agreements and letters of credit.