At Pentair, you will work along-side passionate problem-solvers who are committed to the future and are focused on creating a healthier world for all. Throughout our 120 global locations, our values guide us as we create innovative solutions for the world’s water challenges. We bring water to life!
As a Pentair employee, you would enjoy a wide array of benefit options to help keep you and your family healthy and protected, a generous 401(k) and ESPP to help you save for retirement, plus paid time off and wellness programs to encourage a healthy work/life balance.
Pentair is seeking a Senior Counsel to join our legal team, and this role can office out of Golden Valley, MN or Bishop's Woods, WI. This position will support Pentair’s Water Treatment Services business as a member of the legal team. The position will report to Pentair’s Associate General Counsel for the Consumer Solutions business.
- Act as lead and direct legal support for the water treatment services business. This includes providing the full scope of legal support to this business, which includes advising on and supporting the areas of consumer-facing concerns and matters, water treatment services, in home and commercial services considerations, repair and warranty advising, e-commerce transactions, commercial and manufacturing related transactions, marketing, technology, workplace risk and safety, anti-trust, dealer and distributor matters, advertising and promotional materials and product claims
- Provide legal support to the Consumer Solutions segment as needed and assigned
- Draft, review, and negotiate non disclosure agreements and commercial agreements with customers, vendors and product dealers and distributors
- Serve as an accountable, strategic business partner to global P&L leaders, providing actionable advice that can be swiftly incorporated into risk-based, commercial decisions
- Support segment M&A initiatives and activities including providing support for diligence and integration efforts
- Support new product development initiatives and processes, which may include issues relating to IoT and cybersecurity
- Collaborate with regional counsel on cross-border transactions, corporate initiatives, and standardization efforts
- Provide training to business partners as requested on various contracting, risk management, legal and compliance topics
- Perform special projects and support continuous improvement of legal department standard work, knowledge management, processes and best practices
- Support policy and process coordination among all constituencies, including enterprise, business unit and regional legal teams, finance and accounting teams, customers and vendors
- Manage governmental or quasi-governmental inquiries (environmental, safety, customs or otherwise) as needed
- Support the broader legal team as requested, including with respect to consumer-facing and services related matters, e-commerce initiatives, strategic transactions, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory and compliance matters, litigation and claims
- Where outside expertise is appropriate, effectively manage the work and expense of external law firms
- Coordinate the issuance of insurance certificates, bonds, and letters of credit to satisfy contractual requirements
- JD from accredited law school of recognized standing and currently licensed to practice law in the United States
- Minimum of 7-10 years of legal experience required, which includes in-house legal experience
- Experience effectively advising on and managing consumer-facing and service-related issues and contracts, as well as complex commercial transactions and deals
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts
- Experience managing legal issues around service vehicles fleets a plus