As a part of our Cost Management Division (CMD), the Senior Cost Engineer / Estimator will work in a lead role in the management and execution of cost engineering task orders with clients in the federal market. You will assist the Director of Cost Engineering with client management, business development, operational oversight, and growth of existing service lines such as cost estimating, value engineering, scheduling, project controls and cost consulting. You will have experience providing cost engineering and related services in the public or private sectors. Prior experience with USACE in MILCOM and Civil Works is a huge plus.
- Experience providing cost engineering, project controls, risk management, and related services, plus business background in the federal sector. Preferably with the USACE and DOE/NNSA.
- Senior level experience in Cost Engineering, Cost Estimating, Risk Management, Planning and Scheduling, Project Controls, Analytics and Cost Management Consulting.
- Experience in Project Management providing leadership and management of project teams.
- Provide development of technical work products with cost estimates, schedules, and baselines.
- Establish and maintain client relationships.
- Manage metrics for measuring performance, schedules, and budgets.
- Provide status reports and operational briefs to clients and CMD Management.
- Coordinate and direct projects, evaluate and oversee resources.
- Perform administrative functions such as employee management, performance reviews, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making procurement decisions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of 15 years' experience in the A/E and construction industry
- 10 years' experience with U.S. Government clients such as USACE, DOE/NNSA, DOS and DHS. Preferably in a project leadership role.
- Active Certification(s) from AACE International (CCP), PMI, CMAA or similar organizations.
- A Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related field.
- Experience in Baseline Development and Work Breakdown Structures.
- Cost Estimating Experience CONUS and OCONUS.
- Experience with Cost and schedule reviews.
- Software experience in the following: MII, Sage Timberline, SUCCESS, P6, Crystal Ball, MS Project, MS Office
- Experience in Risk Management, Cost Control/Project Controls and Earned Value Management.
- Open to travel domestically and internationally.
- Secret Security clearance and/or the ability to obtain and maintain one.