As the Senior Cost Control Specialist in Toronto, ON, you will have the chance to oversee, direct, mentor and train the assigned team. Working with other members of our team, you’ll work with Project Managers to agree/discuss project status including contract values and assist Project Team in the determination of monthly updates to cost budgets (EACs. During your time with us, you will also have the opportunity to actively participate in project set up by reviewing associated information and ensuring appropriate set up in the system; ensure internal consistency, completeness, and accuracy of project data including but not limited to accruals, revenue and cost budgets, EAC updates, invoicing and project costs; and prepare monthly project reports and analysis in accordance with month end timetables and identify variances and potential areas of concern. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Diploma/Degree in the field of Finance / Accounting
• 5-10 year's project experience (including cost management experience) in a complex engineering/construction environment
• 3-5 year's supervisory experience
• Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis
• Excellent analytical skills
• Superior business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Access)
• Superior communication skills
• Excellent business acumen
• Excellent project controls skills
• Excellent leadership skills
• Superior teamwork skills
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
Join CH2M and love what you do. Focus on tackling the toughest challenges with a smile as you support the development of life-changing infrastructure that improves communities across Canada. See the inherent value in your point of view as you deliver for our clients.