LMI is a not-for-profit government consulting firm, dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. As a not-for-profit company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our not-for-profit status and specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
Participate on a contractor team of analysts providing technical and program management support to the Unites States Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM) Program Analysis and Financial Management Directorate. Responsible for conducting cost analysis and program assessment in support of government program managers and otherfinancial management stakeholders. Duties may include:
- Provide financial and operational execution analysis, research, recommendation, and costed options for impacts and financial changes that result from operational planning changes.
- Provide cost comparison and economic analysis (EA) in discussion and for inclusion and consideration at decision points.
- Conduct analyses of alternatives (AOA) and business case analyses (BCA)
- Develop and apply cost models as necessary to address resource analysis issues
- Develop new analysis methods and techniques to forecast long-range funding needs
- Assist in collecting data utilized to develop billing rates and automating the development of annual billing rates
- Provide Transportation Working Capital Fund (TWCF) execution analysis for Air Mobility Command (AMC) and Surface Deployment and Distribution Command (SDDC) programs
- Modify/develop new functionality and/or resolve and fix issues with Rate Development and Data Analysis Program
- Provide monthly execution analysis, research, responses to customer inquiries, and be involved in the collection and presentation of data for various briefings and working groups
- Assist in preparation and of PowerPoint presentations, process summary reports, meeting minutes/ notes, and other program management documentation.
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, or similar technical discipline is required.
- 5+ years of cost estimating experience with large complex software intensive programs (preferably DODI 5000.02 Defense acquisition systems) using parametric models, such as SEER-CEM, PRICE-S, ACEIT or other advanced software estimating techniques required.
- Documented DoD cost estimator training required. International Cost Estimating and Analysis Association (ICEAA) and Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Business Cost Estimating certification is desired.
- Experience in the DoD and/or USTRANSCOM is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Channel Cargo, Channel Passenger, Liner, Port Handling, and Global POV contract rate development processes is required.
- Must have experience using IBM COGNOS Cubes, COGNOS Report Studio, R programming, SQL, Microsoft Access, and Component billing systems data. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to lead and collaborate with others in project team-oriented environment, communicate complex analyses verbally and in writing, and develop innovative approaches to solving technical challenges.
- Must be available for occasional travel.
- For this position, LMI will only consider applicants with a minimum of a SECRET clearance as granted by the Personnel Security Management Office-Industry (PSMO-I).