Throughout its’ history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With five US locations and over 3,600 hard-working employees, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
Our recent expansion has afforded us a unique opportunity to look for a strategic, dynamic, and forward-thinking Senior Cost Analyst looking to “shift gears” and join the team in our Monroe, GA facility. You offer us your determination and work-ethic; we offer you competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
As a valued member of the Product Cost Management, the Senior Cost Analyst will have an active role working with various Department teams to support; new business quotation preparation, product budgeting, program profit performance analysis and short / long range forecasting. He or she will drive revenue and earnings growth by recommending optimal price quoting decisions to be made by the Sales and Design Engineering teams.
Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze monthly financial reports by product / product family , and work within the cost mgt system data & by Cross Functional Team communication, to identify causes of cost variances between budget targets & actuals
- Develop short and long range product & product family profit forecasts and projections
- Support Finance & Accounting and Operations Depts in the preparation and review of the semi-annual operating budget with a focus on target setting to insuring program total lifetime profit achievement.
- Lead the organization of and preparation of new business price quotations , by coordinating with local cross-functional and Japan cost planning teams including Sales, Engineering, Procurement and Operations
- Support internal review meetings of product costs and profitability, in order to gain approval of stakeholders
- Develop ad-hoc pricing and cost reports and financial models for management as requested
- Facilitate regular cross-functional reviews of product costs and profitability, and coordinate with the sales, purchasing, product management, production engineering, and operations teams to ensure optimal pricing & profitability throughout product life cycles
- Analyze the actual vs. targeted costs and benefits of investments
- Advise upper management on the profitability of lines of business and products
- Analyze changes in product design, materials and manufacturing methods, to determine the impact on product costs and period profitability
- Must establish and maintain work relationships with all levels through a high degree of professionalism and excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
- Strong participation & support of program Cross Functional Teams & related company departments (logistics, production, engineering, sales, procurement and information technology)
- Follow relevant policies and procedures so that work is carried out in controlled manner.
- Work additional task as assigned
- Develop a positive and effective working relationship with members of the domestic Corporate & Global product teams responsible for sales, engineering & cost planning / mgt.
Qualified Applicants will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in a financial or technical field of study
- Minimum 5 years of experience related to the areas of cost accounting, or engineering cost control & price est. is required.
- Cost accounting, engineering standards costing or product cost est. experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong cost management systems application usage and excellent analytical skills. Cost mgt. systems programming / maintenance capability is a plus
- Advanced Excel database skills, along with good working knowledge of PowerPoint, Project and other programs in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to plan, organizes, and effectively communicates to and within all levels of management and program cross-functional teams
- Experience with NPV calculations, breakeven analysis, profit forecasting
- Experience with reading / understanding technical documents, root cause analysis, process capability, cycle times and capacity planning is preferred
- Automotive industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Available for infrequent domestic & overseas business travel.
Pleasant office environment, primarily; moderately loud manufacturing environment, secondary.
Major portion of schedule is spent sitting, using hands to keyboard, write, and handling files and documents. Clear and distinct speaking voice and hearing clear enough for understanding are required. Moving about facility, standing to file and some stair climbing may be required. Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception are required. Lifting limited to no more than 25 lbs.
Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).