As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
New opportunity based in Carteret, New Jersey for a Senior Cost Analyst and Inventory Specialist to join the Bruker BEST Team.
Reporting to the Group CFO, the Analyst is responsible for reporting worldwide inventory, maintaining standard costs, ensuring costs are booked in accordance with accounting policies and standards and explaining manufacturing variances. The incumbent will gather, review and analyze business results and needs to help identify business problems and propose solutions. The Analyst will work as a business partner with operating stakeholders to obtain, analyze, communicate and validate requirements and functional specifications for changes to business processes and applications to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Prepares and presents business solutions, trends and recommendations to stakeholders that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Provide management with performance reports specifying and comparing factors affecting process and profitability of products or services.
- Consolidates information and creates dashboards for use in management decision making.
- Facilitate and coordinate the definition of a business solution including cost and time analysis, and interdependencies between operational and technical areas.
- Track labor, materials, outside processing, and overhead rates by product lines and products
- Uses proven tools, methods and metrics to identify opportunities, forecast changes and track improvements in areas such as budget, production, workflow, invoicing, and customer relationships, among others
- Verify accuracy and completeness of data through exception reporting and comparative analysis
- Determine cost of sales (COS) on shipments and coordinate the movement from WIP or Finished Goods to COS.
- Conduct detailed studies and collect data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor.
- Develops and generate weekly reports on job costs and exception while interfacing with manufacturing leaders on results and analyze and correct exceptions to ensure accuracy of reports.
- Assist in the company’s month-end closing process by providing and analyzing data and reports related to inventory and reconciliation of job cost-related accounts.
- Conduct special studies and lead various cost savings initiatives. Based on the results, develop and recommend accounting methods and procedures.
- Prepare analysis and commentary for management for briefings to internal and external audiences
- Develop working knowledge of flow of information into / out of SAP and other support systems
- Deliver training as needed to department and business partners on analytics tools
- Champion change within team and business partners as need arises
- Stay current with work processes, locations, customer relationships, etc. for one or more functional business areas so as to provide support as and when needed and maintain best in class level of service
- Work collaboratively with other members of the U.S. and international Finance, IT and other business teams.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years’ directly related work experience, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- SAP FI/CO experience highly desirable
- Strong experience in cost accounting principles, establishing cost accounting systems, developing cost pools, setting standard costs and performing complex cost variance analyses.
- Demonstrated experience managing physical inventory tracking and cycle counts
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office with strong Excel financial modeling capabilities
- Project oriented with the ability to work independently and coordinate multiple projects
- Strong collaboration, leadership and team building skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills for presenting proposals and requirements to business owners and stakeholders
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of individuals, both inside and outside the organization, in a tactful and professional manner.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and build positive business relationships.
- Highly self- motivated individual with a strong work ethic, experience developing high performance teams within a global, multi-cultural organization, and demonstrated excitement for new challenges and opportunity.
- Domestic or international travel may be required.