This position will be heavily involved with Verathon’s implementation of Epicor ERP from a cost accounting perspective. The ideal candidate will have previous cost accounting and systems implementation experience. This position requires a well-organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated individual who is eager to learn and to take on new responsibilities.
- Assist with month-end close, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and analysis of various inventory accounts, and other reserves. Review of Epicor manufacturing and service-related postings to the General Ledger.
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of reserve schedules and other quarterly reporting as required.
- Partner with FP&A and Operations to:
- Understand and manage costs
- Optimize business processes
- Track and drive cost and inventory optimization initiatives
- Support the monthly excess and obsolete inventory and warranty reserve analysis
- Assist in SOX compliance audits and internal/external audits.
- Support site physical inventory audits and cycle count programs.
- Lead key areas of the global annual standard cost roll process.
- Review and analyze inventory reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to cost or variance analyses and profitability.
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules and others.
- Analyze manufacturing-related expenses, considering key performance metrics, benchmarking and trend analysis.
- Perform costing audits of inventory items and bill of materials.
- Apply lean concepts to daily work and projects, identifying process improvement opportunities.
- Create profit elimination entries for special purpose inventories on a worldwide basis.
- Assist in the design, testing and validation of the relevant work streams as Verathon converts to a new ERP system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance and at least 5 years of progressive experience in an accounting role required, with at least 2-3 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Expert Excel skills and strong Microsoft Office. Epicor or related ERP systems experience a plus.
- Management/cost accounting knowledge is required.
- Strong problem solver and ability to take on new projects and responsibilities with minimal guidance.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, transfer pricing, intercompany profit elimination and he month end close process.
- Comfortable working across functions to solve problems and address process issues.
- Occasional extended hours required.
- Advanced degree or professional certification a plus.