Join the Fluke team as an experienced and driven Senior Cost Accountant. This role executes product costing, product manufacturing analysis, and inventory valuation, and related financial reporting, and provides recommendations to senior management in support of the achievement of company targets.
- Perform period end close activities related to Cost Accounting, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and supplemental financial schedules.
- Prepare financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory, and expense information as needed for decision making support.
- Create and maintain production BOMs
- Develop and maintain standard costs of finished goods and production components in a worldwide ERP system / maintain periodic cost rolls and updates
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs.
- Analyze actual production costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Monitor processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
- Lead and manage the quarterly warranty liability review process.
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
- Represent Finance/Accounting on teams designed to improve operations, reduce costs, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Oracle ERP experience preferred
- 10+ years of accounting experience with at least 5 years of cost accounting experience preferred
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and high confidence in stating professional opinions
- Strong grasp of GAAP accounting and general accounting concepts
- Extremely strong Excel skills, especially advanced financial modeling and analytical techniques
- Demonstrated ability to streamline and automate complex processes.