Senior Cost Accountant
Location: Anderson, SC
This position will work closely with the Controller and other management personnel to develop new cost standards, identify inefficiencies within the production process and oversee extensive reporting as it relates to the cost and general accounting functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leader in analyzing actual manufacturing cost and standard cost variances.
- Responsible for analyzing and owning Purchase Price Variance reportingand Other Material Variances for the factory
- Process owner and subject matter expert for plant inventory; including excess and obsolete, bill of material, and overall system integrity and reporting
- Ensuring compliance to Sarbanes-Oxley related internal controls related to manufacturing accounting activities
- Drive the material project master for material related projects
- Participate in plant closing activities including journal entries, reconciliations, reporting and analysis
- Assistance with special Projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or a related field
- At least 5+ years of experience in Accounting with an emphasis in cost accounting support for manufacturing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment