Job ID: PHE000237
• Maintain accurate costing within the ERP system.
• Conduct monthly cost account reconciliations
• Create journal entries as required to capture monthly activity
• Analyze margin drivers – volume, mix, price and provide in-depth explanations of variances to forecast and historical trends
• Investigate variances with labor, purchase price, and overhead – follow up with appropriate plant and manufacturing personnel
• Assist with monthly/annual closings including intercompany profit eliminations
• Assist with E&O activities quarterly in conjunction with policies
• Review cycle count write-offs; scrap requests, and summarize issues and drivers for the month – investigate with appropriate business partner in manufacturing
• Maintain and enhance a strong, SOX-compliant control environment over transactional and reporting activities
• Communicate monthly costing impacts and results for month end closing – develop reporting to present margin and inventory drivers
• Support in decision making to improve margins/risk mitigation
• Calculate/verify NPVs of future projects as well as organize capital projects in order of importance and feasibility
• Set up new raw material, packaging, WIP, and FG items; create and maintain production BOMs; maintain periodic cost rolls/updates
• Prepare actual vs. plan (budget) analysis. Prepare various financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory, and expense information for various customers as needed for management decision making support
• Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs. Analyzes actual production costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
•Analyze costs associated with “make” vs “buy”
• Prepare estimates of new and proposed product or service costs
• Recommend cost efficiencies in new product layouts
• Ensure accuracy of ERP through analysis, internal audit, and coordination with inventory control, production and WIP processing
• 5+ years of increasing responsibility in accounting and cost accounting within a Shared Service Center, preferably in a large-multinational or publicly-traded organization in the biotech industry
• BS/BA in accounting/business; CPA or MBA a plus.
• Desired software expertise—Microsoft Dynamics AX, Oracle, SAP, and Hyperion.
• Exceptionally strong Excel modeling skills, including experience with V-lookups, Pivot tables, and some macro experience.