JOB SUMMARY: The Sr. Cost Accountant is the primary cost accounting contact for the operations team to help drive improvement in business performance mainly in costs, margins, inventory control, and compliance for its products, facilities and processes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares timely reports for PPV, labor, warranty and other cost related items.
- Perform review of manufacturing variances and help to driven corrective action where required.
- Perform quarterly review of all inventory reserve calculations.
- Participate in the development of Operations Budgets and Forecasts.
- Prepare monthly cost accounting journal entries, as required.
- Reconcile inventory related general ledger balance sheet accounts on a timely basis.
- Review inventory transactions for proper accounting within delegated authority level.
- Perform analysis of custom products and new products costs and contribution margin.
- Manage annual cost standards update process in timely and effective manner.
- Creates standard cost for new products.
- Participate in Sarbanes Oxley and other financial audits; prepare appropriate reports and documentation to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Participate in organizing and conducting wall to wall physical inventories.
- Prepare and/or review monthly account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts ensuring financial records are maintained in compliance with company policy. Review, investigate, and resolve accounting errors, discrepancies, and reconciling items.
- Maintain a perpetual inventory for finished goods and reconcile this perpetual to production, shipping, and returns on a monthly basis.
- Assist in or lead special projects as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of progressive Accounting experience required.
- Experience with Oracle (FI/CO) or any other Accounting ERP software is essential.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance required; a combination of some education plus 10 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Large, publicly traded company experience preferred.
- Experienced with manufacturing custom and configured products, build to order and lean manufacturing concepts and practices preferred.
- Acutely developed attention to detail and process orientation.
- Possesses strong analytical skills with an interest in manufacturing operations.
- Punctual and capable of meeting deadlines with excellent follow up skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects effectively and appreciate lean manufacturing principles for simplicity and waste elimination.
- Proficient writing, administrative skills and computer skills.