This role will be hands on and integral to the accounting operations of Cirrus Aircraft. Position will afford the opportunity to be involved in various projects during this exciting period of growth.
The Senior Staff Accountant should enjoy a challenging, fast-paced environment, be a team player and have an excellent ability to prioritize individual and team objectives.
The Senior Staff Accountant must be able to perform various accounting functions as detailed below.
None at this time.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
The Senior accountant will be responsible for the following:
- Providesupport to Customer Experience Teamretailoperations including but not limited to:
- Company Store
- Flight Training
- Service Center
- Assist with business process documentation and set up, including software and system set up
- Purchasing Card processing and administration
- Assist with month-end and year-end close in accordance with IFRS
- Perform accounting research and prepare ad-hocreports as required
- Maintain monthly reconciliations
- Actively participate in the budget cycle
- Assist in year-end audit
- Provide recommendations to management for continuous improvement in business processes, internal controls and accounting procedures
- Develop positive working relationships throughout the Company
- Minimal travelrequired
- Additional duties as requested, directed or assigned
Individual must be able to perform essential functions proficiently. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum five years’ experience in public accounting or industry
- IFRS experiencepreferred—at a minimum, an in-depth understanding of US GAAP is required
- Experience with consolidating multiple companies
- International Financial Reporting
Must be able to demonstrate the ability to read, write and speak the English language. Additionally, the following skills are desired:
- Strong Excel skills with proficient understanding of all Microsoft Office products
- Exceptional problem-solving, documentation, research, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- In-depth accounting principles knowledge
- Must be trustworthy and confidential
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to identify and drive process and system improvements
- Ability to lead, mentor, and be a team player
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Dexterous in managing multiple competing priorities
This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilitiesrequired for this position and they may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime hours may be required.