The Senior Corporate Safety & Health Specialist is responsible for leading the execution of the Burns & McDonnell Safety & Health program in conjunction with the Site Safety Management team and Corporate Offices. This position is responsible for providing professional Safety & Health leadership and oversight as a key resource for Safety & Health compliance matters.
- Plan and execute corporate and project Safety & Health initiatives in order to ensure a safe, healthy, and incident-free work place.
- Lead the corporate and project safety policies and procedures while maintaining compliance processes applicable to the Local, State, and Federal Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Manage all aspects of Safety & Health at multiple project sites; to ensure contractual regulatory compliance by corporate employees and subcontractors.
- Lead Safety & Health personnel supporting field construction projects to assure operations are planned and conducted in a safe manner.
- Identify unique project specific Safety & Health issues for resolution. Provide advice, guidance, and direction to Site Safety personnel regarding safety and health issues and work practices.
- Create and validate project Safety & Health walk-through assessments. Monitor conformance to Safety & Health requirements to drive continuous improvement at the project site for any assessment findings.
- Document and resolve items which require immediate correction.
- Distribute specific Safety & Health information to corporate and project location.
- Generate memos relative to project safety and assist Site Safety personnel in the implementation of the site specific safety and health program goals.
- Design & conduct on-site training when required for project specific Safety & Health subjects, ensuring that the project specific training compliance concerns with all project personnel and subcontractors conforms to the site specific Safety & Health Program.
- Lead near miss, property damage, environmental incidents and accident investigation reporting, and the implementation of corrective measures as appropriate.
- Present to Corporate Safety & Health management periodically regarding the Project Safety & Health Program progress, challenges, and objectives.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering, or Construction Management; and minimum 12 + years of experience in a construction field environment. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Expert knowledge of Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), Construction and General Industry, America National Standards Institution (ANSI), National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH), Army Corps of Engineers (CoE), Engineers Manual 385-1 and National Electrical Code (NEC), Standards.
- OSHA 10 and/or 30 Hour Outreach Construction.
- Proficient in Windows-based platform and basic computer skills
- Previous experience actively working as Site Safety & Health representative on/at heavy industrial project locations preferred.
- This position requires driving to various locations; a valid driver's license is required.