The Sponsored Projects and Property Administration unit at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Senior Corporate Projects Accountant. This position performs advanced accounting assignments to support specialized areas of accounting and financial management at the institution level in the cost/compliance accounting area. This position will serve the University system campuses and the WVU Research Corporation.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Develop, monitor, modify, and control systems necessary to provide the financial data required to comply with Federal and State regulations and University policy regarding cost and compliance accounting issues.
- Provide professional and technical competence in all phases of costing and compliance issues and will coordinate efforts of other University units in order to facilitate the development and completion of these projects.
- Assume project manager role for leading and managing the preparation of the University’s and Corporation’s annual facilities and administration cost proposal.
- Assume project manager role for leading and managing the campus-wide space study to be used for the allocation of the facilities costs in the facilities and administrative cost proposal.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of the various modules, from a functional perspective, and their integration within the overall financial and human resources administrative systems. Develop, schedule and conduct training sessions for University employees.
- Serve as liaison between the University/Corporation and all external agencies, external consultants and external auditors concerning issues related to facilities and administrative cost rate, fringe rate, and other cost accounting issues which significantly affect the University’s operations.
- Be responsible for developing and implementing methodologies to be used for various other cost accounting studies and special projects as needed.
- Analyze the annual facilities and administration cost proposal processes and results.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance or related field
- Master’s degree in related field is preferred
- Certification as Public Accountant or Research Administrator is preferred
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in financial operations of a complex organization and experience with advanced financial systems software