We are seeking a creative and strategic communications professional to join our rapidly growing Corporate Communications team in North America. The Senior PR Manager will champion Freshworks, Forbes #16 ranked private Cloud company, and will lead initiatives to support Freshworks' PR objectives in the Americas. Reporting to the VP, Corporate Communications, s/he will work closely with the corporate communications team, executives, partners and PR agencies to advance our communications goals. The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience managing PR agencies to increase awareness and share of voice while influencing narratives and storylines to align with Freshworks’ vision, mission, and point of view.
The ideal candidate will guide and execute successful communication campaigns related to public relations on multiple platforms, and drive awareness among key media and influencers -- netting positive returns with the customers and the communities where we operate. The successful candidate will be a strong writer and communicator, an innate and creative storyteller, a savvy media relations expert, a purposeful collaborator, and have a strong knowledge of local, regional and global SaaS and business trends.
This role is based in our San Mateo, California HQ.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Amplify Freshworks’ momentum and readiness to enter our next growth stage. Develop and manage a broad range of strategies and proactive external communications programs and events that support the company's goals
- Create and respond to news opportunities. Seek out and/or create opportunities to further Freshworks’ POV, leadership, and public engagement on trending topics
- Establish and foster local, national and regional media relationships by serving as a trusted source, communicator and educator about Freshworks. Prioritize and manage incoming requests from journalists for information and build commentary around company narratives.
- Draft communication goals, plans and calendar for the region
- Deliver ongoing and consistent improvement against coverage and placement goals. Build SOV against Freshworks’ major competitors. Feed into weekly and quarterly status reports using data tracked by a PR monitoring tool. Define, measure and report success and learnings
- Manage PR and creative agencies in the Americas (U.S. and Brazil) to create a positive drumbeat of Freshworks news and content to ensure that the regions meet or exceed success metrics including earned media coverage, SOV, and available reach.
- Align and collaborate with the global communications team to ensure alignment of company-wide policy communications
- Lead the creation of materials, presentations, and talk tracks to prepare executives for engaging with external thought leaders and influencers
Skills and Experience:
- 5-7 of PR experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in working with executives and executive communications
- Access to a network of media contacts and a desire to work with the media proactively and reactively
- Excellent understanding of North American media landscape, trending topics with the ability to create and/or maintain strong relationships across local & regional media
- An expert writer and compelling storyteller who understands technically complex topics, digs into the policies that support our customers, employees, and communities in which we operate
- Comfortable with balancing creative out of the box ideation, strategic thinking and tactical, detailed execution
- Passionate about work and life with the drive and perseverance to work both independently and remotely along with office-based teams that span a global organization.
- A leader, manager, task driver and collaborator who is comfortable meeting big challenges and working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Serve as general communications ambassador, genial and considered the face of the company while serving as the first point of contact for media inquiries and requests for information
- Adept at disseminating information in response to media inquiries and be able to extend and amplify our reach across multiple channels
- A track record of successfully representing high-profile, high-growth SaaS or technology in the B2B space
- Previous agency management experience
- Attention to detail and understanding of technology with the ability to communicate complex topics simply and powerfully
- Possess time management skills to effectively execute on multiple projects, across multiple regions simultaneously
- Comfort with stats and a data-driven approach to content creation
- A knack for diplomacy and the confidence to engage, persuade and build consensus with leaders inside and outside the organization
- Passion and purpose both inside and outside of their vocation
- A passionate storyteller with a proven track record of writing clear and impactful copy in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- An entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously
- A strong sense of ownership over projects; comfortable with accountability
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to advance to Director level
- Located in North America with ability to travel as needed
- Bachelor's degree.