Nasdaq’s Office of the Corporate Secretary within the Legal & Regulatory Group is focused on providing the highest quality governance support to our Boards of Directors and Executive Leadership Team. We are looking for an energetic and enterprising Senior Corporate Governance Specialist to work independently and creatively to handle various projects involving our Boards of Directors. In this role, you will be part of a team of 5 professionals located in the U.S. and India reporting to the Corporate Secretary.Your Role and Responsibilities
Some of the responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead the internal working group responsible for the preparation of Nasdaq’s Proxy Statement and coordinate the underlying workstreams.
- Manage all aspects of Nasdaq’s virtual Annual Meeting of Shareholders as the project lead.
- Assist with Nasdaq’s shareholder engagement program, including by researching trends and topics, preparing meeting materials and tracking shareholder voting policies and procedures.
- Draft materials for the Nominating & ESG Committee on emerging and other governance issues.
- Draft materials in connection with Nasdaq’s public policy advocacy initiatives.
- Prepare initial drafts of Board and Committee meeting agendas, materials, minutes and other governance documents.
- Plan activities and events for in-person Board and Committee meetings.
- Serve as project lead for the Board’s annual offsite meeting.
- Manage director orientation and education activities.
- Research potential director nominees for the Nominating & ESG Committee.
- Review Board and Committee meeting materials prepared by other internal stakeholders.
- Prepare responses to governance aspects of ESG reporting requests.
- Communicate effectively with various internal stakeholders across the Company, including the Boards of Directors, Executive Leadership Team and other internal clients.
- Keep current on corporate governance issues, trends and topics.
- Make recommendations on technology and process improvement opportunities.
- Execute on special projects, as requested by the Corporate Secretary.
You will need the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline.
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility, preferably in a corporate governance role at a large public company.
- Knowledge of corporate governance and/or project management.
- A high level of integrity and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Outstanding professionalism and business judgment.
- Skilled in problem solving and analytical reasoning.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); ability to learn new technology.