Reporting to Brunswick’s Associate General Counsel – Securities and Compliance, this position, located in Brunswick’s Corporate office in Mettawa, IL, is responsible for corporate maintenance and legal-entity governance for all of Brunswick’s domestic and international legal entities. The position also provides support for securities-related legal issues, and assists with Board of Directors documentation, meetings, and general corporate legal issues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain global legal entity database
- For domestic subsidiaries, manage meeting calendars, draft minutes, maintain minute books, and draft necessary resolutions; prepare and file state qualifications and withdrawals; prepare and file merger/dissolution documents
- For foreign subsidiaries, manage meeting calendars, maintain minute books, draft necessary resolutions, and liaise with outside counsel to ensure compliance with local regulatory, and financial requirements
- Lead Subsidiary Management Committee
- Initiate documentation for liquidation/dissolution of dormant entities and coordination of process with Tax, Treasury, Accounting, and outside counsel
- Support corporate restructurings, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Corporate secretarial support includes maintenance of board calendar; managing and uploading documentation for Board and Committee meetings; maintaining Board Committee activity reports
- Support Law Department regarding corporate governance matters in the preparation and mailing of Director and Officer questionnaires for Proxy and Board of Director evaluation, as well as maintenance of official copies of Forms 10-Q, 8-K, and related documents.
Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate
8+ years of experience in a corporate law department supporting/managing corporate maintenance, governance and/or securities issues
Strong organizational skills
Attention to detail
Demonstrated integrity, initiative, resilience
Willingness to take on new challenges