The ideal candidate has demonstrated success with: (1) managing multiple projects/deals and driving them to completion autonomously within required timeframes; (2) adopting a builder’s mindset of figuring stuff out even without prior (or direct) experience in that area; and (3) developing trusted partnerships within your team and with key stakeholders.
This position will report directly to the General Counsel, with a potential for expanding responsibilities for the right candidate.
- Lead US commercial efforts, with primary responsibility for the drafting and negotiation of SaaS customer agreements, distribution/reseller agreements, professional services agreements, DPAs, and other related agreements
- Build and improve legal processes in a company experiencing exponential growth.
- Provide business-minded legal advice to the Sales and Product teams.
- Apply a deep understanding of privacy and other regulations impacting the business, including CCPA and GDPR; ability to translate that understanding into actionable guidance for business teams.
- Create sales enablement materials and train our sales team on relevant legal issues and processes.
- Depending on interest, handle a wide variety of other demands and projects (including M&A and general compliance projects)
- 5+ years of experience in corporate transactional work, with a preference for at least 2 years of in-house legal experience with a focus on negotiating software/SaaS and enterprise B2B transactions.
- Experience working at a software/SaaS company or working with SaaS clients strongly preferred.
- Ability to skillfully draft and negotiate complex commercial agreements with a solution-oriented approach; you should have a strong attention to detail while also being comfortable enough to think quickly on your feet.
- Strong knowledge of privacy principles and grasp on what is required for an effective privacy program.
- Working knowledge of software revenue recognition principles.
- Excellent business judgment, with a balanced approach to growth and risk tolerance.
- Ability to put aside ego and steer the team towards successful outcomes.
- JD from an accredited law school and an active Bar membership (California preferred).
Nice to Have: