Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Senior Corporate Counsel, Securities is an integral member of the Legal Department, reporting to a Vice President, Associate General Counsel, and has primary responsibility for the company’s securities law needs, as well as responsibility for legal aspects of financing activities, corporate governance matters and executive and employee compensation and benefits matters. Business-oriented and pragmatic, the Senior Corporate Counsel, Securities will be confident and proactive in his/her approach; be concise, clear and unambiguous in his/her legal advice and other communications; have the ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively; be comfortable with, and skilled in, interacting with senior management; and be an effective manager.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with SEC and Nasdaq rules and requirements, management of filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including Forms 3,4,5, annual and quarterly reports on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, current reports on Form 8-K, proxy statements, Forms S-8, Section 16 filings, and other disclosure requirements.
- Advise senior management and Investor Relations on disclosure matters, including earnings and other press releases, investor presentations, websites, significant internal communications and other announcements
- Advise on executive compensation matters, including incentive plans and programs, benefits, equity plan and administration and related public company disclosure considerations.
- Advise on debt and equity offerings and other financing activities from a securities law perspective
- Management of the company’s insider trading policy and trading window
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to develop and implement processes and procedures to continually improve upon the efficiency and effectiveness of his/her areas of responsibility, working closely with other departments within Jazz Pharmaceuticals, as applicable;
- Coordinating and participating in relevant internal trainings;
- Setting appropriate priorities with internal clients and delivering results according to the timelines established;
- Willingly assisting colleagues with projects and activities to maintain a collegial atmosphere and balanced workload among the members of the company’s legal team.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter; able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and function well in a team environment and to motivate others
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Travel, including international travel, may be required
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- JD degree; licensed to practice law
- Minimum 8 years’ relevant experience in-house or with a national law firm; experience in pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Strong corporate and securities law background
- Ability to manage and develop a team and work effectively with outside counsel
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.