Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the preparation and filing of the company’s SEC filings, including periodic reports, current reports and registration statements.
- Assist with SEC reporting and compliance efforts, including responsibility for 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements, Section 16 filings, etc.
- Assist with corporate governance and SOX compliance matters.
- Provide advice and counsel to ensure compliance with SEC regulations and stock exchange requirements.
- Advise and counsel the Finance and Investor Relations teams with respect to periodic and financialreporting, earnings releases and investor conferences.
- Provide advice and counsel on all treasury matters including credit facilities, banking arrangements and hedge transactions.
- Leading the drafting and filing of the company’s annual proxy statement, including the CD&A, and managing shareowner and management proposals.
- Assisting in the preparation for the company’s annual stockholder meeting.
- Advising on insider trading programs and policies, including ensuring compliance with all Section 16 requirements for the company’s directors and officers.
- Ensuring the company’s compliance with NYSE listing standards.
- Assisting the Office of the Corporate Secretary to monitor and implement governance practices for the company.
- Structuring, drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements.
- Providing timely and efficient commercial legal guidance on a broad range of business topics, including general corporate matters, antitrust, intellectual property, commercial law, trade, UCC, dispute resolution, commercial liability and risk assessment.
- Assist with training initiatives related to public company status (e.g., insider trading policy, Reg. FD requirements).
- Assist with all matters related to meetings of the Board of Directors and Board Committees, including preparation of meeting materials, resolutions, minutes and relevant research.
- Assist with development of corporate governance policies and related stakeholder advocacy, including preparation for meetings with company’s top institutional investors.
Required Education & Experience:
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and a member of a state bar in good standing.
- Extensive experience (6+ years) in SEC, corporate finance and governance law.
- Extensive experienceworking with public companies as an internal or external client.
- Good business sense and a broad business background with demonstrated ability to effectively work with business teams.
- Past experiences that demonstrate the ability to successfully, creatively and timely handle multiple legal matters in various legal areas.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and analyze complex legal matters, to concisely summarize significant legal concerns, and to communicate those concerns effectively to business people.
- Direct experience with assessing the level of legal and business risk in developing and communicating alternatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job ID 1813907