$140K — $170K
Riskonnect is the leading integrated risk management software solution provider that empowers organizations to anticipate, manage and respond in real-time to strategic and operational risks across the extended enterprise. Riskonnect is the only provider ranked in the leadership and visionary quadrants by world renowned industry analysts - Gartner, Forrester and Advisen RMIS Review. We employ more than 500 risk professionals in the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific and serve over 900 customers across 6 continents. The combination of innovative risk technology, a customer success mindset, and employee-first belief makes Riskonnect a sought after place to work.
Riskonnect is looking for an ambitious, commercially focused Senior Corporate Counsel to join its in-house legal team. The position will be involved with the whole spectrum of the business’ legal and compliance needs and will play a key role in supporting Riskonnect’s Global Sales, Customer Success, and Professional Services organizations in structuring, drafting and negotiating agreements for commercial transactions. The position will report to the General Counsel and play a key role in negotiating and representing Riskonnect in negotiations with its Fortune 1000 clients.
The “bread and butter”emphasis of your role will be focused on deals and supporting the sale of Riskonnect’s SaaS services to its customers. It will require careful review of contracts, creative drafting, respectful negotiation, and internal vetting with collaboration across the entire organization. You should be comfortable with suggesting creative solutions to identified risks. You should also anticipate legal risk and devise solutions to mitigate such risk while partnering with the business to get to a "yes" answer whenever possible.
· We’re looking for a confident self-starter who can prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities and who enjoys working in a fast-paced and high-energy environment. We’re seeking a leader who can use exceptional business judgment and strong critical thinking and interpersonal skills to be effective and persuasive in managing relationships with Riskonnect’s stakeholders and prospective and existing customers.
· And, do all of the above while recommending and implementing systemic changes that improve our speed and quality.
· Drafting, review and negotiation of commercial agreements with customers, vendors, partners and other third parties
· Developing and maintaining standard contract templates, contract playbooks, and contract policies and processes and interfacing with multiple teams to optimize them
· Partnering with Finance, Sales Ops, Tech Ops, Customer Success and other stakeholder teams to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate guidelines
· Partnering with internal business constituents throughout the customer lifecycle to ensure customer success and protection of Riskonnect’s legal interests
· Educating internal clients on proactive measures and approaches to reduce potential legal exposure and improve the sales contract process
· Analyzing, interpreting and educating on complex contract provisions to ensure compliance and consistency with Riskonnect’s business model
· Preparing and providing internal training to improve sales contract processes
· Providing general legal advice on a variety of topics impacting SaaS providers
· At least 10 years relevant experience in legal practice at a law firm, in-house legal position or both; member in good standing of at least one state bar; law degree from an accredited law school
· Ability to work independently and resolve matters with minimal oversight
· Experience with negotiating technology agreements
· Knowledge and experience with privacy and/or data protection regulations
· Ability to multi-task and desire to work on a wide range of legal matters
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· High work quality and attention to detail and ability to resolve time sensitive issues
· Ability to operate in a fast-paced work environment, stay cool under pressure, and organize, prioritize and manage a high-volume workload without sacrificing quality
· Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
· Ability to maintain strong working relationships with internal clients
· Excellent commercial acumen and sound and practical business judgment
· Prior experience working in high-growth, innovative and fast-paced work environment
· Substantial experience in supporting sales departments as an internal client
· Salesforce CRM experience, a plus
· Basic Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
Valid through: 11/9/2020