Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Join a team of attorneys and contract administrators providing support to a variety of commercial transactions and other legal matters as required.
- Participate and drive the design, development and internal publication of additional company and legal policies, procedures, and training to institute best practices with respect to global sales, privacy and security.
- Drive alignment and programs, to educate the entire organization on legal and regulatory matters and on the business implications of each.
- Be responsible for facilitating cross-departmental alignment on processes and procedures to improve efficiency of the legal functions as they support teams across the organization.
- Provide legal advice, opinions and solutions regarding issues and risks relating to the on-going and expanding business into international markets.
- Identify, evaluate, and resolve complex business issues in a collaborative manner through cross-functional business teams.
- Advise internal business stakeholders such as SVPs, VPs and directors on risk and mitigation as a part of a commercial transaction mindful of the full business and legal context.
- 8+ years of experience, in management, corporate transactions and compliance, preferably within a private equity portfolio company, publicly-traded company or at a top law firm
- D. from a top tier law school
- Member of a state bar in good-standing
- Proven experience as a sales attorney working on high volume and high impact transactions with various types of customers, vendors, partners, etc.
- Experienced, effective, and emotionally intelligent manager of attorneys and other legal professionals
- Attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, multi-task, cope well with change and creatively mitigate risk
- Demonstrated experience working directly with senior levels of management and effectively communicate legal issues; and making sound decisions within tight deadlines
- Talent for organizational efficiency, and proactive improvement of the status quo
- Ability to work on a small team in a casual atmosphere, while working hard.
- Strong demonstrated experience in software licensing, hardware and service sales, procurement (inbound and outbound) and commercial agreements, including, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, licensed software, cloud-based solutions, intellectual property, and open source; distribution; consortium and reseller agreements a plus.
- Experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating federal (under FAR), state, and local government contracts related to, among other things, software licensing, marketing, products and services procurement, privacy and data rights and processing, and professional
- Familiarity with other regulatory compliance issues including, but not limited to, print advertising, state and federal trade and competition regulations and statutes, privacy and data security laws and regulations.
- Ability to handle and prioritize a high and diverse volume of contractual and other legal matters with limited supervision; this includes self-initiation of problem identification and resolution for company’s benefit even where not specifically pre-directed by a supervisor.