Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is seeking a Senior Corporate Counsel to join our legal team in Golden Valley, MN. This position will support Pentair’s global business, legal and compliance initiatives as a member of the legal team. The position will report to Pentair’s Vice President, Legal – Global Business Operations. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide the full scope of direct legal support to the Filtration Solutions business unit, which includes advising on the areas of commercial and manufacturing related transactions, intellectual property, risk and safety, anti-trust, and real estate
- Provide advice and counsel to the Filtration Solutions’ sales and procurement teams, including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating agreements, as well as leading a team of contract specialists with respect to legal and compliance issues
- Draft, review, and negotiate commercial agreements with customers, vendors and product dealers and distributors.
- Serve as an accountable, strategic business partner to a global P&L leader, providing actionable advice that can be swiftly incorporated into risk-based, commercial decisions
- Provide legal support to the real estate function including drafting and negotiating leases and purchase agreements
- Collaborate with regional counsel on cross-border transactions, corporate initiatives, and standardization efforts
- Support the broader legal team as requested, including with respect to strategic transactions, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory and compliance matters, litigation and claims
- Provide training to company business partners on various contracting, risk management, legal, and compliance topics
- Perform special projects and support continuous improvement of legal department standard work, knowledge management and processes
- Support policy and process coordination among all constituencies, including enterprise, business unit and regional legal teams, finance and accounting teams, customers and vendors
- Manage governmental or quasi-governmental inquiries (environmental, safety, customs or otherwise) as needed
- Where outside expertise is appropriate, effectively manage the work and expense of external law firms
Job Requirements & Skills
- JD from accredited law school of recognized standing and currently licensed to practice law in the United States
- A minimum of six (6) years of legal experience
- In house legal experience is a plus
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex contracts
- Experience effectively managing commercial transactions and deals
- Background in real estate is plus, with a focus on drafting leases and purchase agreements
- Results oriented, displays sound judgment and ability to balance business considerations and gets results while maintaining effective business relationships with varied constituencies
- Ability to provide excellent, timely customer service in a fast-paced and quickly-evolving business environment. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar and tasks and projects
- Quick learner who can handle multiple projects simultaneously and work well both independently and as member of a team
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Is able to communicate clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- High degree of discretion and judgment; absolute confidentiality and integrity
- Understands how to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines. Proactive and reliable
- International law and foreign language experience a plus
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.