Acts as a legal advisor to assigned internal clients (including the range of company businesses and functions). Identifies legal risk and recommends solutions that help address the client's objectives. Represents company in transactions, interactions or disputes with customers, suppliers, partners, and competitors. Balances the business interests of client groups with ultimate fiduciary responsibility to company. Represents the company before industry policy setting organizations, and other regulatory bodies.
- Manages the development of legal strategies for senior management of one or more units of a large global or regional business; or leads complex commercial transactions; or provides specialized legal expertise in one or more areas of strategic importance or having significant impact on revenue, risk, or policy for client base.
- Develops and recommends innovative process improvements to effectively address business needs.
- Identifies and resolves highly complex legal, regulatory, and business issues.
- Manages legal responsibilities for multiple client organizations with divergent priorities and needs.
- Leads complex, multidimensional projects or transactions.
- Takes full accountability for clients' legal needs by networking effectively to achieve resolution of matters outside of direct subject matter expertise or responsibility.
Education and Experience Required:
- Advanced university degree in law (e.g. JD or LLB).
- Meets local legal license requirements.
- Typically 10+ years of commercial legal experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Significant experience managing multiple, complex, strategic, specialty law projects, issues, and transactions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Mastery of legal and relevant business knowledge in multiple practices areas.
- Recognized subject matter expert in a key practice area.
- Broad and deep knowledge of company policies, procedures, and practices.
- Developed awareness of how to operate successfully in multiple international legal environments.
- Mastery in negotiating or advising senior representatives of external and internal organizations on complex and high value/risk matters.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- English language skills to business standard required.