nCino offers exciting career opportunities for individuals who want to join the worldwide leader in cloud banking.
Join the hottest cloud applications company in the Southeast! This fast-growing company has signed approximately 150 bank and credit union customers and grown to over 400 employees in under five years. With recognition from Forbes as One of America’s Most Promising Companies and a significant nod from the investment community, the time to join nCino is now.
nCino is seeking a seasoned transactional attorney that will have responsibility for all aspects of the commercial contracting process, including drafting, reviewing, revising, and negotiating Enterprise-level, SaaS customer contracts, specifically with large financial institutions, both domestically and internationally, as well as providing legal support on matters arising in day-to-day operations of the Company. This position requires a broad business perspective, the ability to apply this perspective to legal analysis, and to devise innovative solutions that meet customer needs. This position will interact directly and frequently with senior leadership, and will report to the Company’s Chief Legal Officer.
- Draft, review, interpret, revise and negotiate customer and vendor contracts, both domestically and internationally, that meet the professional and financial goals of nCino
- Collaborate with various business functions in connection with driving deal negotiations
- Provide strategic input to achieve business objectives, satisfy customer requirements, and manage risk
- Demonstrate capabilities in anticipating legal issues, accepting and effectively resolving sensitive legal projects, and handling difficult situations diplomatically and independently
- Provide legal advice and support for internal functions, particularly sales, but including professional services, human resources, marketing, finance, support and IT at all levels of the organization
- Train employees on legal issues, best practices and Company policies
- Provide leadership, development and strategic direction for other members of the legal team
- Oversee and perform regular internal reviews of existing legacy contracts and ensure legal and policy compliance, instilling process improvements where necessary
- Maintain and enforce the legal process to protect the Company’s intellectual property.
- Engage with nCino’s technology and security teams to ensure compliance with data security and data privacy requirements enforced by various jurisdictions and customers
- Revise, update and maintain standard form agreements
- Minimum 6 - 10 years of relevant experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department of a technology company
- Minimum of 4+ years experience in a law firm environment
- Candidate must have a J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school and be a member in good standing of a state bar
- Substantive expertise in intellectual property law and experience negotiating complex agreements, including SaaS subscriptions, with a strong attention to detail
- Experience with SaaS, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, mergers and acquisitions, and other legal issues related to the technology industry
- Hard-working, well-organized, seasoned and balanced business judgment, able to handle a great deal of responsibility without substantial supervision, and able to manage multiple competing priorities under deadline pressure
- Excellent customer service (internal and external) and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters with a team-player attitude
- Excellent sense of humor, project management skills and commitment to professionalism are required
- Familiarity with the financial services industry and Salesforce.com
- Previous in-house experience at a technology company with cloud solutions
- Experience managing other attorneys and supervising support staff
- International experience